Last update: December 19, 2018
YOUR PRIVACY: OVERVIEW
SUMMARY OF KEY POINTS
1. What Information do we collect?
Masdel Inc. collects personal information in connection with your use or purchase of Masdel Inc.’s products and services via the Sites, or when you contact us by telephone or regular mail.
The personal information that Masdel Inc. collects may include your name, username, password, email address, address, telephone number, payment information and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile or enter on our Sites or communicate to us.
2. Who do we share personal information with?
Masdel Inc. may disclose your personal information to its subsidiaries or affiliates and to third parties whom Masdel Inc. hires to provide services on Masdel Inc.’s behalf. Masdel Inc. will only provide its third-party service providers with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to Masdel Inc. and/or on Masdel Inc.’s behalf.
3. Why do we collect, use or disclose personal information?
Masdel Inc. collects, uses and discloses personal information for the purpose of marketing and selling its products and services. Such collection, use or disclosure of personal information allows Masdel Inc. to process transactions, manage its relationships with customers, troubleshoot problems with its Sites and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
4. What are the risks of harm and other consequences?
Although Masdel Inc. takes steps to safeguard personal information under our control and to minimize the risk and impact of potential harms, “perfect security” cannot be guaranteed. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information and attempt to use it in ways that might cause personal or financial harm, including financial loss or identity theft.
Masdel Inc. will obtain the necessary consents required under applicable privacy laws if it seeks to collect, use or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those to which consent has been obtained unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
3. COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Masdel Inc. may collect personal information in connection with your use or purchase of Masdel Inc.’s products and services via the Sites, which may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Registering or filling in forms on the Sites. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about Masdel Inc.’s products and services.
- Completing a profile on the Sites.
- Purchasing any product or service from Masdel Inc. via the Sites, including payment information.
- Providing design or product feedback or making other submissions to Masdel Inc.
- Requesting information or assistance from Masdel Inc. Masdel Inc. may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to it, including any e-mail communications.
- Participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding Masdel Inc.’s products and services.
Masdel Inc. may also collect information that you provide to us through a different medium, including when you contact us by telephone or regular mail.
The personal information that Masdel Inc. may collect includes your name, username, password, email address, address, telephone number, credit card and debit card numbers (with expiration dates) and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile or enter into the search function on our Sites, your submissions of your goals to Masdel Inc., and any other information that you provide in your communications with Masdel Inc.. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including any personal information of another individual, that is provided by you to Masdel Inc.
Like many websites, Masdel Inc. utilizes “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit to the Sites. A cookie is a small text file that is transferred by a web server and stored on the hard drive of your computer. It can only be read by the server that sent it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Masdel Inc. with personal information.
Cookies help Masdel Inc. to improve the Sites and to deliver more personalized service by enabling Masdel Inc. to estimate audience size and usage patterns; to store information about your preferences; to speed up your searches and to recognize you when you return to the Sites.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your computer from accepting Masdel Inc.’s cookies, you may follow your Internet browser’s steps for doing so. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain sections of the Sites.
5. IP ADDRESSES
An IP address is a computer’s numeric address, by which it can be located within a network. Masdel Inc. may record your IP address when you visit or use services or features on the Sites. Masdel Inc. may use your IP address for the purposes noted above, and to help diagnose problems with Masdel Inc.’s server, or to administer the Sites.
6. PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy and facilitate the appropriate use of information, Masdel Inc. uses physical, technological and administrative procedures to protect the personal information that Masdel Inc. collects from loss, unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or other misuse.
Nevertheless, Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any messages or information you send to the Sites may be read or intercepted by others. If you have any questions about the security of personal information collected by Masdel Inc., please contact: email@example.com.
7. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon Masdel Inc.’s collection of your personal information, Masdel Inc. may use such personal information internally, separately or in combination with pre-existing information, for the following purposes:
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products or services;
- To establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with Masdel Inc. including through the Sites;
- To contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Sites;
- To customize your experience or homepage on the Sites;
- To develop and manage Masdel Inc.’s business and operations;
- To detect and protect Masdel Inc. and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with Masdel Inc.’s policies and contractual obligations;
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Masdel Inc.;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions;
- For any other purpose to which you consent; or
- As otherwise permitted by applicable law.
Personal information collected by Masdel Inc. may be stored and processed by Masdel Inc. or its service providers in Canada or in the United States. While in another jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Masdel Inc. may disclose your personal information to its subsidiaries or affiliates and to third parties whom Masdel Inc. hires to provide services on Masdel Inc.’s behalf, including, but not limited to:
- support services, with whom we share [Name, complete address (billing and shipping) and telephone number (if provided), email address, IP address];
- website services, including Site analytics, with whom we share [Navigation behaviour, general demographic information collected by the Google platform already (not specific Masdel Inc.’s website];
- delivery of products and promotional materials, with whom we share [Name, complete address and telephone number (if provided), email address, IP address];
- administration of contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, with whom we share [Name, complete address and telephone number (if provided), email address, IP address]; and
- answering customer questions about Masdel Inc.’s products and services, with whom we share [Name, email address, IP address].
In addition, service providers that process payments on behalf of Masdel Inc., will collect your name, address, and credit card information or debit card number for the purpose of processing your order.
Masdel Inc. will only provide the third parties described above with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to Masdel Inc. and/or on Masdel Inc.’s behalf. These subsidiaries, affiliates and third parties may be located in Canada or the United States of America.
In the event that Masdel Inc. is involved in a business transaction, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving Masdel Inc., your personal information and any other information Masdel Inc. may have collected will be transferred to another party in connection with such transaction.
You consent to Masdel Inc. disclosing your personal information to legal, financial, insurance, or other advisors in connection with a business transaction described above, management of all or part of Masdel Inc.’s business or operations, and for the other purposes described above or identified by Masdel Inc. at the time that you provide your personal information or consent to Masdel’s use of your information.
9. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The file containing your personal information will be stored in Montreal, Quebec, and your personal information will be accessible by Customer Service, Marketing, I.T. and shipping department employees with a need to know such information to perform their duties or services.
The personal information that you provide will be retained by Masdel Inc. in accordance with applicable laws. However, Masdel Inc. will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for Masdel Inc. business purposes or to protect its legal interests.
10. CHOICE AND OPT-OUT PREFERENCES
Masdel Inc. does not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from Masdel Inc. (except in connection with information, products or services that you specifically request), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of an email link provided in every e-mail that is sent to you by Masdel Inc. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any other form of communication from Masdel Inc., you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that you will not be able to unsubscribe from certain messages that Masdel Inc. is entitled to send by law, such as communications that provide warranty information, product recall information or safety or security information about a product.
11. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Masdel Inc. will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date. You also have the right to access and rectify your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
More particularly, upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions, Masdel Inc. will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate, complete or up to date, Masdel Inc. will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
You may submit your request for access to or correction of your personal information to Masdel Inc.’s Privacy Officer, as described below under “Questions and Comments”.
12. QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
Attention: Privacy Officer
9081 Du Parcours
Montréal, Qc H1J 2Y1 Canada