How do I set up and get started to dye my hair?
Here is a list of what you’ll need to get started (all available at your local pharmacy):
- Consult the cosmetician to choose the right color and oxidant. The cosmetician will help customize the coloring treatment to your needs by determining the right proportions of each.
- Purchase a plastic bowl, brush and protective cape (to protect your clothes. It is recommended to wear an old shirt just in case).
- Use gloves to protect hands from staining.
- Use your smartphone or kitchen timer for your wait time.
- Using your brush, mix the coloring cream and oxidant, in the correct proportions, inside the bowl until you have a homogenous texture.
- Separate your hair into quarters to be able to work section by section for complete and uniform color application.
- Start applying the color at the back of your head and working forwards, section by section.